Equipment Only Referrals

We accept equipment only requests for patients whose GP is located in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire or Milton Keynes.

Equipment only referrals must come from a local AAC team and must be judged to be a robust assessment.


EATS will be able to fulfil an equipment only request if:

  • The individual is competent and experienced in using a communication aid, but their current equipment is not working or beginning to break down and the person is still able to access their device.
  • The patient has access to a local AAC service who are competent in providing a comprehensive assessment of AAC needs.

If your individual or service does not match these criteria, please consider referral for an assessment, as above. A referral for equipment only should be accompanied by the comprehensive report from the local AAC team and quotes from suppliers.

Please note that in some circumstances EATS may suggest an assessment where an equipment only request has been made. We may also supply the equipment from a different provider. Requests where it is clear that more than one piece of equipment have been considered are encouraged.


You can download a copy of the referral form from our website, or contact the office on the details on the back of this leaflet to receive a paper copy.

You can expect an acknowledgement of referral within 10 working days of it’s receipt and subject to approval, equipment will be provided within 8 weeks. EATS may require an annual service visit to ensure the equipment is functioning correctly and once it is no longer required, it is returned to EATS.

« Return to 'Communication Aids (AAC)'

Get in contact

Electronic Assistive Technology Service
Fen House, Fen Lane
North Hykeham

Phone: 01522 572820

© 2017 Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust.
This website is designed for information purposes only and is not designed to provide specific medical advice or professional services.

If you have a health problem you should consult your doctor or other suitably qualified health professional and obtain advice and treatment from them that takes into account your specific symptoms.